Sunday 19 March 2006

Review: Guinness Extra Stout (Original)

Guinness Extra Stout (Original) from Guinness Ltd.
Rating: B

Rediscovering this beer after a long hiatus during which I'd convinced myself that I preferred their draught. I have now revised that judgement.

Appearance: Brown head! Almost opaque, ruby tinting when held up to a light

Smell: Sweet nose, chocolate and roastiness

Taste: Tastes like it smells - roast, chocolate, coffee... hops comes in at the end to balance the malt and prevent an overly sweet, malty aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Not as creamy as their draught, but thick mouthfeel and a taste that sticks to your tongue - and your ribs!

Drinkability: Not a sessioner for me, personally. Too easy to fill up - a few of these is a meal! Stouts aren't my favorite style, but this went down pretty easy.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 03-19-2006 03:40:03


No comments: