Monday 27 February 2006

Review: Boddingtons Pub Ale

Boddingtons Pub Ale from Boddingtons
Rating: B

I have a soft spot for Boddington's, but I'll try to be objective. This was only the second time I had a chance to sample it on tap. Absolutely beautiful when poured, quickly settles into three layers: frothy head, a middle layer of creamy tiny bubbles, and a growing layer of just-beer at the bottom.

Not a whole lot going on in the smell department, but nothing bad either. That's probably this beer's weakest point. Tastes of malt, with a little bit of bite to it. Mouthfeel is where Boddingtons really shines. Creamy - I often find myself drinking these faster than I should to get the creaminess out of that middle layer, before it settles out. This time I took my time, and it does lose something if you wait too long and miss that creamyness. I could drink a lot of these - it's a consistent, tasty and reliable beer.

Serving type: on-tap

Reviewed on: 02-27-2006 01:58:02


No comments: