Saturday 26 August 2006

Review: Butte Creek Organic India Pale Ale

Butte Creek Organic India Pale Ale from Butte Creek Brewing Company
Rating: B

I wasn't sure what to expect in an "organic" beer, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one.

Appearance: Nice amber color, good head and lacing. Pretty clear.

Smell: Citrusy hops, but quite a bit of malt coming through in the nose, making me expect something more like an APA than a real IPA.

Taste: The taste isn't as malty as the nose. Citrusy hops, toasty finish. Some caramel malt in the aftertaste. Alcohol is well hidden, I wouldn't have guessed this was over 7%.

Mouthfeel: Creamy, good carbonation.

Drinkability: I liked this one. Not sure the "organicness" had any impact on flavor at all, it tasted just fine to me.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 08-26-2006 21:21:36


No comments: