Friday 25 August 2006

Review: Pipers Pale Ale

Pipers Pale Ale from Dunedin Brewery
Rating: B

Appearance: Orange amber color, decent head with some lacing but not much. Comes in a nice 16 oz brown bottle that I'll be sure to reuse for homebrew.

Smell: pine hops on a biscuity malt base, with some mineral character as well

Taste: A good malt base that makes me think this is APA is jsut leaning to the APA side of the amber/APA divide, but that might be because I thoughtlessly preceded this with an IPA. Hops are perhaps a touch harsh.

Mouthfeel: Fairly light body, good carbonation, but for me by the end of the 16 oz bottle it was a little light in that respect.

Drinkability: Not a bad APA, my dad stopped by the brewery and picked up a four-pack and a glass for me, so it's got good associations.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 08-25-2006 00:45:49

No comments: