Sunday 27 August 2006

Review: Yeti Imperial Stout

Yeti Imperial Stout from Great Divide Brewing Company
Rating: A-

Appearance: Absolutely opaque, darkest head I think I've ever seen. Pretty big head,

Smell: Some dark fruits, definitely. Raisin and fig characteristics are evident, along with some hops in the background.

Taste: Bitterness is a lot more assertive than I'd expected, and maybe even more than I might have prefered. Dark chocolate and dark fruits as well. Quite an intense beer. Alcohol is fairly present.

Mouthfeel: Medium-full body. Fairly light in the way of carbonation, but in a way that seems fitting for the style.

Drinkability: This wasn't a favorite when I shared it with the neighbors - "too bitter!" went the refrain. I liked it, but that said I drank it slowly, and probably a little bit more than I would have prefered. "Intense" is the word.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 08-27-2006 02:31:52


No comments: