Tuesday 13 June 2006

Review: Leffe Blonde

Leffe Blonde from Abbaye de Leffe S.A.
Rating: B

Appearance: Attractive brown bottle, huge head, crystal clear, gold color in the glass, good head retention.

Smell: distinctive Belgian yeast scent, smells a little on the sweet side.

Taste: I've had a lot of Belgians lately, and it's possible I'm tiring of them, because for me this was "more of the same." Candi sweetness, followed by some fruit. Finishes on a bitter note, which I like.

Mouthfeel: very much to style. A bit creamy. Aftertaste is sweet and lingering.

Drinkability: suffers from being a little too sweet for my tastes, but this one has nothing objectionable about it, it's widely available, and the bitter finish does help a bit. Solid, but I drank it slow and didn't care to order another.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 06-12-2006 23:10:42

No comments: