Wednesday 7 June 2006

Review: Tsingtao

Tsingtao from Tsingtao Brewery Co., Ltd.
Rating: C-

I drank a lot of this while I was in China, but that was before I was a BA - I'm reviewing now a can I had at a Chinese restaurant in South Africa of all places.

Pours a light amber with a small head and no lacing. Smells like adjunct, with some lager yeast scent in there too.

Taste is a bit more bitter than your typical AML, but there's some adjunct flavors apparent too - is it rice? Slightly sweet.

Mouthfeel is watery, finish is crisp, but the aftertaste lingers... Carbonation is fine. Despite its flaws (or perhaps because of them) it's pretty drinkable, especially when washing down some Chinese food, but doesn't have a whole lot of appeal on its own.

Serving type: can

Reviewed on: 06-07-2006 14:30:52

No comments: