Monday 5 March 2007

Review: Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout

Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout from Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery, The
Rating: B+

Thanks to ipa2xs for sending this one my way in the No Name BIF.

Appearance: Very dark but not quite opaque, with garnet highlights. Big two or three finger off-white head, rocky, with good retention. Not much lacing.

Smell: Roast, coffee, and chocolate - very typical stout profile, not the sweetness in the nose that I'd expect from a milk stout.

Taste: More flavorful than I was expecting based on my previous experiences with the style. Classic chocolate and coffee flavors. Vanilla in the finish. Enough hops have been added to balance the sweetness, but they don't take center stage. Dry, acid finish - good for the style, keeps it from being too sweet.

Mouthfeel: Medium-full body, good carbonation. Creamy from the lactose.

Drinkability: Better than I expected. Not as sweet as I expected, but for me that was a good thing because I shy away from the overt sweetness of some styles.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 03-05-2007 04:28:10

No comments: