Saturday 3 March 2007

Review: Maredsous 10

Maredsous 10 from Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat NV
Rating: A-

Appearance: More or less golden in color, with an orange tint. Big fluffy white head, with good retention and sporadic lacing.

Smell: Smells very much like the last Belgian-style beer I brewed, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same exact yeast strain. A bit more hop character than you'd expect. Belgian and fruity, but less spice and other notes than expected.

Taste: Reminds me more of a Belgian Strong Pale Ale than a tripel. Finishes dry from the alcohol, but you'd never think it was 10% abv. Vinous in the middle, spicy finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium body, reminiscent of La Fin du monde in this respect, I thought.

Drinkability: Highly drinkable, though in my opinion perhaps miscategorized.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 03-03-2007 17:59:54


No comments: