Tuesday 21 August 2007

Review: Pig's Ear Brown Ale

Pig's Ear Brown Ale from Woodstock Inn, Station & Brewery
Rating: C-

Received from barleywinebrewer in the Little Guy BIF. Two of the beers he shipped spoiled in my garage while I was in Hong Kong (shame on me for not storing them properly), so I was glad to discover that this one (the last bottle) was still okay.

Appearance: deep brown, dark leather kind of color, clear, smallish head, little retention.

Smell: malty, slightly cidery.

Taste: Tangy, with some roast and caramel. Excessively tart, actually. If I hadn't had the recent experience of trying two beers that had *really* gone bad, I might wonder if this one had too. Finishes on a dry, cocoa powder note.

Mouthfeel: medium body, carbonation fine.

Drinkability: Mediocre.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 08-21-2007 18:37:12

No comments: