Tuesday 14 August 2007

Review: Stoudt's Double IPA (India Pale Ale)

Stoudt's Double IPA (India Pale Ale) from Stoudts Brewing Co.
Rating: B+

The first craft beer I had after returning from two months in HK was a bad bottle, so I was thankful to see that this one (stored the same way) was still good and delicious!

Appearance: Lighter in color than expected in an East Coast IPA - light golden/amber, very clear. Good head with okay retention, good lacing.

Smell: Double IPA aroma - like pine needle syrup, sweet but pungent. Bit of juicy fruit. Very typical, what I expect in the style.

Taste: Sweet, with juicy fruit and caramel. Pine and citrus hops, but not quite bitter enough to balance the heavy malts in my opinion.

Mouthfeel: Body is on the heavy side of medium, I'd say - carbonation could be a bit higher to compensate. Pleasant aftertaste & finish.
Drinkability is good.

Drinkability:

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 08-14-2007 04:55:28

No comments: