Tuesday 28 August 2007

Review: Weihenstephaner Korbinian

Weihenstephaner Korbinian from Brauerei Weihenstephan
Rating: A-

I must say, I love the size & shape of the the Weihenstephaner bottle.

Appearance: very red, almost more ruby than garnet. clear, decent sized head but with poor retention and leaving no lacing.

Smell: Malty doppelbock aroma. Balanced. Little bit of caramel & toast.

Taste: Sweet malt, hint of alcohol. Some prune. Hops bitterness finally shows up at the swallow.

Mouthfeel: medium full body, good carbonation.

Drinkability: good, it's no Celebrator, but it's a very good, representative doppelbock. I didn't know it was so highly rated when I bought it, nor when I started drinking it - tend to think it's a tad undeserved, but still very good.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 08-28-2007 01:35:14

No comments: