Wednesday 12 July 2006

Review: Blind Faith

Blind Faith from Magic Hat Brewing Company
Rating: B

"Slurp Soup on a Sloop" is the saying beneath my cap.

Appearance: Fairly dark orange, amber color. Rather small head, very minor lacing.

Smell: Reminds me of an APA that I homebrewed a few months back. Big hops presence over an underlying sweetness. I can detect some grapefruit, and I think another reviewer is right on in saying there's a touch of peach here too.

Taste: Big hops bitterness up front, of course. A little grapefruit, but not much. Unfortunately, has the same disagreeable aftertaste that I didn't like in Magic Hat's APA.

Mouthfeel: Light-moderate mouthfeel, perhaps a little lighter than I'd prefer in the style. Carbonation seems right.

Drinkability: I like this a lot better than their APA, not that it means a whole lot. I guess one factor that keeps it drinkable is that you want to keep *drinking* so you don't experience the funky aftertaste.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 07-12-2006 01:24:52

No comments: