Friday 28 July 2006

Review: HopDevil Ale

HopDevil Ale from Victory Brewing Company
Rating: A-

I used a clone recipe of this to brew a batch of IPA, so I was curious to taste what the real thing is like!

Appearance: ruddy amber color, good head, not much lacing but possibly because I was forced to reuse the glass (waitress didn't bring me a new one, and she was hard enough to track down to order)

Smell: lots and lots of hops, with a grapefruity character

Taste: again, grapefruit hops (though not as grapefruity as smuttynose), very dry, with a touch of caramel.

Mouthfeel: much lighter mouthfeel than I expected, I would have preferred a little more.

Drinkability: good, but on the whole (and it's great to be able to say this!) I think I liked the version I brewed better!

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 07-27-2006 23:16:00

No comments: