Monday 17 July 2006

Review: Trois Pistoles

Trois Pistoles from Unibroue
Rating: B+

This one came in a bit under my expectations. Sampled at Brickskeller in DC.

Appearance: Very dark brown pour, with purple hues, nice head but leaving not much lace.

Smell: malt and Belgian yeast aroma dominate.

Taste: malt is the dominant flavor here, with dark fruit and an aftertaste that is all belgian yeast. Finishes fairly dry. Not overly sweet. Alcohol present in the background.

Mouthfeel: thinner than I expected for such a dark beer. no complaints on carbonation.

Drinkability: one was enough. I had high expectations for this one, and maybe they were too high. It was good, don't get me wrong, and more drinkable than a lot of Belgian-style ales because it's not overly sweet, but I just didn't get the complexity out of this one that a lot of other reviewers seem to have - maybe I'll have to come back to it sometime.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 07-17-2006 02:53:44


No comments: